How to Bake a Frozen Chicken Quarter
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/kalizfit/frangobrazil.com/wp-includes/media.php on line 67
A frozen chicken quarter is an economical dish that suits a variety of dishes. The great thing about the chicken quarter is that it is sold in large quantities. Therefore, you can use the chicken to make a mouthwatering chicken baked dish to satisfy and please a large and hungry group. The group could be your family, loved ones, and colleagues among others. Baking chicken adds the flavors of lemon, parsley, and ginger to the chicken giving the chicken a herb-like flavor. The chicken legs tend to be a little fatty, and you can use them to make soup as well.
Here is how to bake a frozen chicken quarter
- The recipe serves six people.
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of freshly minced ginger.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- ½ tablespoon of garlic.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- 6 pieces of frozen chicken quarters.
- 1 lemon to cut into wedges.
Step 1:- Blend the fresh parsley, minced ginger, lemon juice, garlic, salt, olive oil, paprika, and pepper in a blender at a low speed.
Step 2:- Put the blended mixture in a plastic large sized zip bag. Then place the frozen chicken quarters inside the bag and allow the chicken to marinate for a period of three to five hours while in the refrigerator.
Step 3:- Preheat your oven to 365 degrees.
Step 4:-Take out the chicken quarters from the marinating mixture and bake the chicken without covering it in a baking dish that is lightly greased. Allow the mixture to bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Step 5:- To test whether the chicken is ready, use an instant thermometer. The chicken’s internal temperature should be 165 F. The chicken should also have a light brown color upon completing its baking time.
Step 6:- You can then proceed to garnish the ready chicken using a lemon wedge.
When using this recipe, there are a few things to remember.
1. Marinating chicken is the best option when pressed with time and money. It is the least expensive method of enabling the chicken to acquire flavor and moisture in any recipe. Marinating the chicken quarters requires little preparation as the recipe shows. It allows the chicken to soak up the additional flavors. While baking the chicken prevents you from adding oil to the chicken.
Ensure to remove the chicken skin before baking it to allow the flavors in the marinade penetrate into the chicken. Removing the skin also helps decrease the chicken’s fat content.
2. Marinating the chicken helps it infuse the various flavors available in the marinade. Other than making the marinade yourself, you can use a store-bought marinade if you do not have time to prepare it yourself. There are three necessary ingredients in a marinade acidity from either vinegar or lemon juice, oil, and spices.
Placing your chicken in a resealable bag helps because it is easy to clean the container. Marinate the chicken for two hours or you can marinate it overnight for a more pronounced flavor on your chicken. Remember when marinating chicken use the refrigerator and not the kitchen counter.
3. When baking the chicken, preheat your oven to 365F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard what is left. The remaining marinade is not safe due to possible contamination and is no longer useful. Place the chicken in the baking dish in a single layer without overlapping or overcrowding.
Placing the chicken in a single layer helps it cook evenly and thoroughly. You can also add additional flavors to the chicken to give it a defining taste and texture.
4. You can bake the chicken for 40 to 50 minutes depending on the sizes. Test whether the chicken is ready by using a meat thermometer. It will provide an accurate reading of 165F meaning the chicken is cooked.
5. The recipe allows you to buy large pieces of chicken and bake them to use them later for soups, stews among other dishes. For short-term use of the chicken, refrigerate it at 40 F. For longer use, you can safely freeze the chicken for four to six months.